# Is it worth buying S2 at this time given the impending S3?

**URL:** <https://forum.scalermusic.com/t/is-it-worth-buying-s2-at-this-time-given-the-impending-s3/17785>\
**Category:** Scaler 2 Support\
**Created:** [August 17, 2024, 7:15pm UTC](https://forum.scalermusic.com/t/is-it-worth-buying-s2-at-this-time-given-the-impending-s3/17785 "2024-08-17T19:15:54Z")\
**Posts on this page:** 2\
**Page:** 1

<div class="post-metadata">

**Author:** ![dirtypants](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/d/c67d28/32.png) [@dirtypants](https://forum.scalermusic.com/u/dirtypants)\
**Post date:** [August 17, 2024, 7:15pm UTC](https://forum.scalermusic.com/t/is-it-worth-buying-s2-at-this-time-given-the-impending-s3/17785/1 "2024-08-17T19:15:54Z")

</div>

I’m late to the sale, but I am interested in buying Scaler 2. I saw on Reddit that Scaler 3 is likely due before 2025. Will people buying in late August/September have a cheaper upgrade path? Will there be a price advantage to buying now and upgrading when 3 comes out? Should I just wait? I’m excited to try it out, but I have plenty to do if it’s prudent to wait!

---

<div class="post-metadata">

**Author:** ![davide](https://yyz2.discourse-cdn.com/flex012/user_avatar/forum.scalermusic.com/davide/32/824_2.png) [@davide](https://forum.scalermusic.com/u/davide)\
**Post date:** [August 19, 2024, 2:10am UTC](https://forum.scalermusic.com/t/is-it-worth-buying-s2-at-this-time-given-the-impending-s3/17785/2 "2024-08-19T02:10:43Z")

</div>

Great question and welcome to the forum @dirtypants  
There has been no official announcement of S3 but we are aiming for end of Q4, 24. It is a complete overhaul and vastly revamped. We are very excited about it.  
As for pricing - ALL S2 users will get a generous upgrade path. Is it cheaper to wait? Maybe a few dollars cheaper but I can’t see why anyone would, you could be learning S2 all this time and using it to make music! My thoughts anyways.
